If you know DevAssist you will certainly know Paul Addison, our Founder and Managing Director. Paul has been in the industry for many years, allowing him to gain lots of useful knowledge and experience.
In this blog, we will be diving deeper into the life of Paul Addison, as he answers 10 questions about himself, DevAssist and shares his expertise on the ever-changing industry of property and conveyancing.
- What is your favourite part of your job?
The people who work for the company and the people we meet. I realised through lockdown how important it is to keep the business personal. I really missed the meeting of new and existing clients.
- What 3 tips would you give to someone who is starting up in the property industry?
- If you think it will take a year, allow for two.
- Learn to value.
- Always make sure you have budgeted the cost of money.
- What made you want to get into the world of property?
I always had a love of property design and got offered an apprenticeship with a large developer buying land. Being at the creation end of the business was a job I loved for many decades.
- What would you say is the trickiest part of your job?
Getting the message out to lawyers that what we investigate is critical to their PI and their client’s purchases.
- What are your favourite things to do outside of work?
I have two horses which have always been a big part of my life. I love skiing and I am currently learning to fly.
- Why did you create DevAssist?
In my development days I saw such hatred of development schemes. The public hate change. I could see that by educating buyers of property about what will or could happen in a location is critical before they commit.
- What’s the most valuable lesson you have learnt as a Managing Director?
Make sure you are the last to be paid.
- How do you deal with your work when everything doesn’t run smoothly?
Fortunately, I have an outstanding team of people that allows us to run smoothly.
- Why would you recommend DevAssist to someone who has never heard of you?
We have a 30% chance of finding a high risk undeveloped site within 75 m of your dream house.
- What made you want to start your own company?
In my corporate life I found the inability to innovate and change simple things very frustrating.
If you would like to get in contact with Paul, please do call us on 01342 890010 or email email@example.com