Over 4,300 jobs and 1,700 homes are expected to be created in England after the government announced £67 million worth of road improvements.
The following are anticipated to profit from the £67 million;
- Wigan (Greater Manchester),
- Marlow (Buckinghamshire),
- Newton (Nottinghamshire),
From its Growth and Housing Fund, a £16.6 million input will be made by Highways England.
The private sector donations, as well as other public funding are anticipated to make up the remaining investment.
The chief executive at Highways England, Jim O’Sullivan, said;
“improvements will ensure England’s strategic road network continues to make a valuable contribution to the prosperity of our country”.
“We will continue to use our Growth and Housing Fund, working with a range of local stakeholders to unlock further development sites around the country.”
As a segment of the government’s £15 billion investment in roads, the £100 million fund was established.
The five schemes are:
A404/A4155 Westhorpe Interchange improvements – Buckinghamshire
- Work is expected to start late 2018/spring 2019.
- Expected to generate up to 560 jobs at the Globe Business Park.
- Expected to enable more than 22,000 square meters of space to be used by businesses.
- Will receive £1.75 million – including:
- £1.18 million from the Growth and Housing Fund,
- £500,000 private finding,
- £63,000 provided by the Local Enterprise Partnership.
M58 Wigan Link Road, Greater – Manchester
- Aimed to improve accessibility in the area, help to reduce congestion and create smoother journeys.
- Will unlock the Pemberton Park development site.
- Will create 250 new homes.
- Support the distribution of an additional 170 homes and 2,600 jobs.
- £23.6 million package – including:
- £5 million from the Growth and Housing Fund.
- a public funding contribution.
- £10.9 million from the Greater Manchester growth deal.
- £3.1 million from private developers.
A46 RAF Newton – Nottingham
- A bridge over the A46 will be fitted to join the former RAF Newton site with transport links and public amenity services in central Bingham.
- The government have said it is anticipated to reveal land to produce 550 local homes.
- The scheme will receive:
- £2.9 million from the Growth and Housing Fund.
- £970,000 of private funding.
A590 Cross-a-Moor – Cumbria
- The present junction at Cross-a-Moor, Cumbria will be changing into a four-arm roundabout
- Anticipated to create 106 homes, with three further sites having the ability to deliver 895 homes.
- £5.05 million scheme – including:
- £3.05 million from the Growth and Housing Fund.
- £2.03 million in third-party match funding.
Forder Valley Link Road – Plymouth
- Includes the erection of the Forder Valley Link Road.
- Per the government, the goal is to generate 651 homes, and 1,227 jobs.
- £37.84 million package of works.
- Allocated £4.47 million from the Growth and Housing Fund.
- The scheme will be funded by:
- a private match of £6.4 million.
- The local enterprise partnership and the local authority supporting the project.
- £22.55 million of other public funding being brought forward.
For more information, call us on 01342 890010 or email [email protected]