The Government has begun consulting on a raft of proposed changes to the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF). It is seeking views on proposed changes in relation to affordable housing, density, new settlements and starter homes.
These changes will involve the following areas:
- Broadening the definition of affordable housing
- Increasing the density of development around commuter hubs
- Supporting sustainable new settlements and helping development on brownfield land and small sites
- Helping the delivery of housing allocated in plans
- Promoting and aiding the delivery of starter homes.